Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Busy Day

Dan and I both have come down with colds! Mine started on Saturday night/Sunday morning at 2am with a really sore throat. I didn't think much about it until late Sunday evening when my ears started hurting, the headache hit, and my throat became so sore that I couldn't swallow. Dan's in the same boat as me, and it's probably a toss up on who's sicker. However, he worked all day yesterday, and I worked on adoption stuff all day yesterday. You can read in the post previous to this one all that we got accomplished last week. I apologize for not keeping you updated closer to the date of things happening, but it was a very busy week!

Yesterday I spent much of the early afternoon e-mailing with Bonnie, who is our VN coordinator. Dan faxed her lots of documents, and she e-mailed in return that everything looked good so far. We went on to e-mail about an employment letter for me (which states that I am a homemaker and Dan's salary is sufficent for our household), which will need to be notarized before submitting it.

Along with e-maing back and forth with Bonnie yesterday, I spoke with Mr. Bradford about getting together with him to notarize our remaining documents. We will meet him at his house Wednesday evening at 6pm. Once these final papers are notarized, we have only one thing left to do before sending our dossier's for certification/authentication. We need to make a small scrapbook, with pictures of our home and us. It will need to tell a story of our home and our lives together. I will work on that tomorrow during the day and I am hopeful that we can get our dossier's in the mail by next week, if not sooner. (I forgot that we also have to get 12 passport photos taken of each of us...we'll need to do that tomorrow afternoon as well)

I also drove out to the Orange County Sheriff's Office today. I was able to get another copy of our non existant police records, and at no charge to boot! I was very happy about that. After the OSCO, I went to the USCIS office and dropped off our tax returns. Here's to hoping that the immigration officer now has everything she needs to process our I-171H. :-)

No comments: