Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Never Dull

I started having some trouble with my left arm/shoulder over the weekend. I didn't think too much about it; I figured I overdid it at the gym last week or something. It has gotten progressively more concerning so at my doctor's appointment yesterday (I had an appointment from a couple of weeks ago set to discuss our travel plans and medications) I mentioned it to him. He sent me home with a script for an MRI thinking I have a pinched nerve in my neck somewhere that's causing the pain. After leaving there I met a friend to do some baby shopping/talking and after I left her to meet up with my mom, I had hot flashes and nausea/dizziness. Of course, by now my doctor was gone for the day so I called my friend David, who's a cardiologist. I was really freaking out that there was something cardiac going on. He had me come in and did an EKG. He asked tons of questions and sent me for labwork. I did my labwork this morning, and we're waiting for the results to come in. Both David and my regular doctor just think I'm having panic/anxiety attacks, as they are the same symptoms as many cardiac things. I don't know what's going on, and to be honest, didn't think I was particularly stressed anymore. I know I've been pretty tense the last couple of weeks, but I thought all of that had kind of gone away in the last week or so. But I was pretty freaked out yesterday.

No comments: