Thursday, June 7, 2007

Ahhh...

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed. Really, REALLY overwhelmed. I'm all panicky and anxious and just VERY weird.

My to-do list is about to grow significantly. I have slacked off some of the things I should have been doing all along, and it's catching up to me.

We're trying to get the nursery finished. Thinking we had at least a couple of weeks before we'd hear anything about travel we decided to get ambitious and do something cool in the nursery.

We need to buy cribs and car seats. Those are our two last "big" purchases, and I think we'll do that on Sunday. I wish we could do it Saturday, but I don't know that we'll have time. We're getting the carpet cleaned all over the house (living room, loft, stairs, hallway, nursery) on Saturday afternoon. It takes at least 2-3 hours, which doesn't give us time to get to BRU before I have to be at a baby shower (not my own) at 7pm. Sunday is fine though. We'll go to church and then hit BRU on the way home. By then the carpets will be totally dry (they are actually dry about 2 hours after he's finished...he uses some kind of cool dry cleaning method on them), so we'll be able to set up the nursery on Sunday!

Our Ergo carrier's came today! Actually, TWO SETS of Ergo carriers came today. I called the company to tell them they shipped two too many, but they were already closed. I will call tomorrow to see what they want us to do with the extras. They are nice though. Sooooo easy to put on, and I'm hoping they will stay this easy once you put a baby in the mix. My friend Laurie has offered to let me borrow Josiah and put him in to see how to do it with a baby. I have to add getting together with her to my list of things to do in the next few days.

Oh, and our stroller came today. I put it together, because I'm awesome like that. :-)
Oh...........so many other things floating through my head. I can't think anymore. I sure hope my Mei Tai from Lindsey gets here before we leave. I want to use it in Vietnam too.

OHHHHH. We have our travel plans too. We leave Orlando at 8:30am on Friday, and arrive in Ho Chi Minh City Saturday around 9:45pm. We leave Hanoi on Saturday (july 7) at 1am and arrive in Orlando at 10pm on Sunday. And because we're even more awesome, we were able to book our entire flight on SkyMiles, ANDDDDDDD we're flying First Class and/or Elite Class the entire way. We rock. Dan rocks.

And because it must be said...There is not a person on this earth that can tell me that there is no God...not after the last 5 months. We are so blessed. It's been a long journey to get here, and it hasn't been fun, but I just believe with my entire being that we are exactly where we are supposed to be.

No comments: